? ??????????????Lady Like? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??2 Grabs Today. 2872 Total Grabs. ??????Prev
iew?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Future Stars Will Be Dim? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (3 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 6947 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, October 12, 2009

13 - 10 - 2009 Tuesday

A visit to dentist
1. – pain through the night整晚都痛 – take a painkiller止痛药 to lessen减轻 the pain – did not get a wink of sleep the whole night through一整晚没睡熟

2. – told my father – toothache牙痛 – could not go to school – took me to dentist牙医诊疗所 – horrified害怕 – no choice没得选

3. – waited outside the dentist’s office – nurse – opened the door – first patient第一个病人 – wrote down my particulars写下我的资料 – told me to wait a moment告诉我等一下 – the tooth still ached like mad我的牙齿依然非常的痛

4. – burly高大 dentist arrived – ushered被送进 to the dentist’s chair – Normally通常 I would run away逃走 from the frightening恐怖的 surgery手术 with all its horrible恐怖的 drills钻头 and pliers钳子, but I did not. – to get the offending tooth out把那令人讨厌的牙齿拔出

5. – sat down on the reclining chair躺椅 – kept saying some assuring words一直鼓励我 – relaxed – open my mouth – said the tooth had to come out 牙齿必须拔掉 – nodded dumbly in reply静静地点头
6. – felt a slight少许 prick刺伤 of pain – injection打针, but it was nothing compared to toothache与牙痛比起来, 这算不了什么 – miraculously奇迹般地 - , all pain disappeared不见了. The anesthetic definitely worked very quickly那麻醉药很见效 – told me I could go –
7. – put a wad of cotton over the wound放棉花在伤口上 – keep my mouth shut for a while关嘴巴一会儿 . The visit to the dentist was not too bad after all.看牙医也不是一件很痛苦的事


Example:
A visit to dentist
My tooth had pain through the night. I had to take a painkiller to lessen the pain. Worst of all I did not get a wink of sleep the whole night through.

The next morning, I told my father about my toothache. It was obvious I could not go to school. So, my father took me to dentist. I was horrified, but I had no choice.

At nine o’clock, we waited outside the dentist’s office. The nurse came and opened the door. I was the first patient. She wrote down my particulars and told me to wait a moment. Meanwhile the tooth still ached like mad.

The burly dentist arrived and I was ushered to the dentist’s chair. Normally I would run away from the frightening surgery with all its horrible drills and pliers, but I did not. I had to get the offending tooth out.

I sat down on the reclining chair while the dentist kept saying some assuring words. I relaxed. He asked me to open my mouth. I did so. He said the tooth had to come out. I nodded dumbly in reply.

I felt a slight prick of pain when he gave me an injection, but it was nothing compared to toothache. Soon, miraculously, all pain disappeared. The anesthetic definitely worked very quickly. Then before I knew it, the dentist told me that I could go.
The dentist put a wad of cotton over the wound and told me to keep my mouth shut for a while. The visit to the dentist was not too bad after all.

0 comments: