? ??????????????Lady Like? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 Rating)??2 Grabs Today. 2872 Total Grabs. ??????Prev
iew?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Future Stars Will Be Dim? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (3 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 6947 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, October 12, 2009

13 - 10 - 2009 Tuesday

A visit to the market
1. – accompanied陪伴 – buy some groceries杂货
2. – arrived 到达– could not find a place to park the car – waited patiently耐心地等 –
3. – made our way carefully through the various各种 sections buying – wanted to buy some prawns – all sold out
4. – bags got heavier and heavier袋子越来越重 – crowd got thicker and thicker人群越来越多 – noise and heat was overwhelming吵声和热气节节上升 – done all the shopping买完了 – wait my mother at the car –
5. – carried the bags wearily疲累地 to the car – breathed a sigh of relief when I reached it松一口气 – air smelled sweet空气清新 – glad to be outside开心能到外面
6. – emerged出现 from the market – looked exhausted筋疲力尽 – put the groceries in the boot车厢 – drove off with the air-conditioner at full blast扭开最大的冷气离开


Example:
A visit to the market
Last Sunday, I accompanied my mother to the central market to buy some groceries. The central market is far from our house. So, my mother drove to there.

When we arrived at the market, we could not find a place to park the car. So, we waited patiently for about ten minutes.

We made our way carefully through the various sections buying vegetables, meat, fish, noodles, spices and other food. We wanted to buy some prawns but they were all sold out.

The bags got heavier and heavier. The crowd got thicker and thicker. The noise and heat was overwhelming. As we had nearly done all the shopping, I told my mother that I would wait her at the car.

I carried the bags wearily to the car and breathed a sigh of relief when I reached it. The air smelled sweet. I was glad to be outside.

Fifteen minutes later, my mother emerged from the market. She looked exhausted. We put the groceries in the boot, got into the car and drove off with the air-conditioner at full blast.

0 comments: